The clocks go back on Saturday which means an extra hour to
Have a crafty weekend…
Phew, that was a busy half term! We enjoyed lots of activities every day this week so a big thank you to everyone who came along and we hope the kids enjoyed their making, sticking, gluing, cutting, shaping and generally getting crafty!
Memory boxes, finger knitting, macrame, T-shirt Halloween bags, crochet and the oh-so-popular pom pom making – if you missed out and would like to join us over the Christmas holidays we’ll be scheduling our kids classes over the coming weeks so keep an eye on our website.
Turning our attention now to Halloween, if you’re having a last minute panic for a costume then keep calm and come and join us tomorrow to make and decorate a cape, running from 10.30-12pm and only £15. Please ring us on 07903 614726 if you would like to join us.
Christmas Craft Fair
Following on from the success of our first Craft Fair at Stitch! in October, we are delighted to announce our next fair will be on Saturday 7th December from 11am-4pm. Some stalls have been booked already but we have a couple more available – if you are a local artisan who would like to showcase and sell your work please get in touch with Suzanne at the shop for more details.
Please save the date and join us for mulled wine and a host of beautiful handmade crafts that would make ideal gifts.
We have some new fabrics just in, including the lovely silver and gold spots, vibrant holly and gorgeous tartan shown above so please pop by and have a browse.
And if you fancy making your own decorations and other Xmas items we have some classes in the pipeline: – Knit Your Own Mini Christmas Tree will be on Sat 30th November, 2-4pm – Macrame a Snowflake – details coming soon. – Make Your Own Christmas Retro Apron, part of our beginners sewing class schedule – details coming soon.
– Card Making Socials, starting on Tues 29th Oct, 11-12pm, after all, who doesn’t appreciate the effort of a homemade Christmas card?
If you’ve been on our 2-part beginners crochet course, you might fancy learning how to make some Crochet Flowers and Leaves as a follow-on to improve your skills. They can be added to a Christmas wreath or just used as decorative accessories – we have just organised a new workshop on 6th Dec from 11.30-1.30pm. More details next week and booking soon on our website.
Class updates and news in brief
Due to unforeseen circumstances our Mosaic for Beginners & Improvers workshopis now running on Sunday 24th November from 10-4pm.
There is no Make a Simple Garment session this week but we’ll be back and raring to go on 6th Nov from 1-2.30pm.
If you’re already starting to feel the chill, how about knitting a hat to keep the cold out? This 3-part Knit a Woolly Hat course is on Sat 2nd, 9th and 16th Nov from 10.30-12pm.
– Learn To Use a Sewing Machine & Make A Fabulous Bag is on Sat 2nd Nov and Tues 5th Nov, both dates 2-4pm, with more sessions to come in December.
– FULLY BOOKED! 4-week How to Make a Quilt for Beginners, starting Wednesday 6th Nov and running on consecutive weeks with the last class on the 27th Nov, 10.30-12.30pm.
– Tatting Taster, Wednesday 6th November, 7-9pm.
– Introduction to Embroidery, Thursday 14th Nov, 7-9pm. Helen Brown & Jackie O’Malley, from the Embroidery Guild will show you how to create a small piece of embroidery using applique and at least 2 embroidery stitches, similar to the examples pictured. Your finished piece can be made into a brooch or used to make a card or small picture.
– Make a Drop-Sleeve Top with the Avid Seamstress, Saturday 23rd November, 9.30am-5.30pm.
– Beginners Macrame, Thursday 28th November, 7-9pm. Learn 3 essential macrame knots and make a plant pot hanger.
– 2-part Learn to Crochet, Sat 16th & Sat 30th Nov, 11-1pm. Learn the basics of chain, double and treble crochet.
———————————————————————————–We look forward to seeing you in the shop or at one of our classes soon – and please help spread the word about what we do at Stitch! with all your friends, family, schools, clubs and neighbours as we’d really appreciate your support. You can find us on Facebook and Instagram at Stitch_N13
Best wishes from
Suzanne and the team at Stitch!
We are open Tuesdays to Saturdays 9.30am-5.30pm at 397 Green Lanes N13
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.