Beginners Knitting, 2 sessions, Weds 8th & 15th January, 11-1pm
With Sharon Wallin
Want to learn to knit? Did it years ago and its in a bag behind the sofa and need help getting started again? Come and join this two part workshop and learn skills to keep forever….
What you will learn
- The basics of needles and yarn
- Casting on the easy way
- Knit and purl stitches
- Getting comfortable with your tension
- Dropped stitches – what to do
- Review of session 1 (Q&A)
- Making patterns using knit & purl stitches
- Tips to keep your knitting flat and your tension even.
- Casting off
What you need to bring
A notebook in case you wish to jot down ideas. Needles and yarn will be provided but if you have your own you are welcome to bring them.
CLASS SIZE: 8 maximum
DURATION: 2 hour sessions over 2 weeks (4 hours total)
DATE & TIME: Weds 8th January & 15th January 11-1pm
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits
Please ensure you have read fully our terms and conditions